Professional Makeup Artistry and Hair Course
Learn the Professional hair and makeup techniques in this intensive 3 week course.
Following aspects of this Course:
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Colour theory and the colour wheel
- Skin and skincare
- Foundations and concealer application
- Highlighting and contouring
- Beauty eye makeup
- Basic eye lining and mascara techniques
- Eyebrow definition and grooming
- Strip eyelash application
- Cheek and blusher techniques
- Lip techniques
- Advice on makeup kit
- Hair product and equipment selection – Learn how to select the perfect products and equipment for the style you are creating.
- Tools and building a professional kit – An in-depth look at the contents of a professional hair and makeup artist’s kit. The basic kit needed at any photo shoot or fashion show.
- Sectioning and preparation – The fundamental skills needed for hair styling
- Hair up – Catwalk, fashion, natural and dramatic styles.
- Basic Blow drying.
- Creating Curls – Includes barrel, loose and tight curls and the tricks to keep them in place.
- Plaiting – Learn how to braid into loose/natural, creative and dramatic catwalk and photo styles – including fishtail plaiting.
- Hair pieces – The use of temporary pieces to enhance show-stopping styles.
- Pony tails – The latest trends for fashion, catwalk and photographic pony tails.
- French pleat and bee hive – You will be taught how to create a classic French pleat and the bee hive style.
- Small classes to ensure you get that extra attention to detail
- RAC certificate awarded on completion of the course.
- Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
The make-up brands we use include: MAC, Bobbi Brown, Becca, Benefit, Ben Nye, Kryolan and LA colours.
Frequent question asked
What can I do with this course?
After this course students will receive a Reet’s Makeup Academy certificate to work on clients straight away using the skills they have learnt.
What courses can I progress onto?
If students wish to continue and develop a career as a hair and makeup artist, we would recommend completing one of our, our Fast Track Makeup Artist course, or Beginners-Professional Makeup course and Professional Hair Styling course from Reet’s Academy, Bridal Hair Course and Receive Special Discount by quoting ReeGrax2.
Please ask your tutor for more information.